Thursday, September 22, 2011

Karen's Italian Wedding Soup

Karen from Little Red House Designs blogged about her homemade Italian Wedding Soup. One look at that soup and I knew I had to try it. It was AMAZING! Here is the finished product...


Here is the link for Karen's post on how to make this scrumptious soup Karen's Italian Wedding Soup

Now in her recipe she says you can use any homemade meatballs. So I used my chicken meatballs. I thought I would share that recipe with you guys. They are supper easy and very versatile. I use them for spaghetti, meatball subs,  Swedish meatballs, and now Italian Wedding soup.

Chicken Meatballs
1 pound Ground chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
( I prefer to make my own but the choice is yours)
1 egg, beaten
Any Italian seasoning you like - about a teaspoon or so
(this is to your liking..I usually just do some oregano and fresh sweet basil)
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
Optional..Chopped Roasted Red Bellpeppers

Mix all ingredients in a bowl (I use my hands here) Form into meatballs and lightly brown on all sides in a shallow pan with a little cooking oil.  I use canola, and then slow cook in sauce or soup of your choice. You could also bake these...I am unsure of temps and time but I am sure it is possible. Whichever method you choose make sure they are done...they are chicken after all. I prefer mine cooked low and slow in sauce or soup. These are great in the crock pot (browned first of course). They are so tender and filled with cheesy goodness.

I will note this about the soup....Karen warned me. She said to make sure to make the meatballs on the smaller side. I think I still made mine to big. Next time, for the soup, I will only use a little over a half a teaspoon for each meatball. Oh and because I love spinach I added extra to my soup. Horrible secret.... I have had it for lunch and uh...breakfast for the last two days. Isn't that horrible... breakfast. I couldn't help myself. LOL It is SO GOOD!

So thank you Karen for sharing an awesome recipe! Everyone should check it out and her blog. She has some really yummy recipes. ;) 

~Linking up with~


3 comments:

  1. {blush} I am SO happy you liked the soup. I was surprised at how easy it is to make! I am going to need to try your version of the meatballs - MUCH healthier!! And for what it is worth - I usually still have to break the meatballs in half in my bowl. It magically doubles them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I am definitely going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Karen it was very yummy....it will be a frequent on our dinner table. Thank You!

    Hayley, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...