Monday, July 25, 2011

~Music and Movies.... great medicine~

I don't know if this is true for you guys but it is for me. I can be having a horrible day, hear an awesome song, and get completely lost in the music. It is the same for certain movies. Right now I am really loving Adele's voice. That girl has got a set of pipes on her. I love really sultry sounds like hers. You know who else has a wonderful singing voice, well what I like anyway, Zooey Deschanel. I really enjoy her music. I know the late Amy Winehouse had many personal problems and addiction issues but I loved her sound.

I am a total 80's music girl. I was in love with Rick Astley and George Michaels (who wasn't)...I know I am a total dork. Oh and not the 80's but ...The Cranberries can put me in a most blissful state. I also have a love for all 80's bratpack movies. To name a few of my fav's...Breakfast Club, Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael, Pretty In Pink, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Love Don't Cost a Thing, the list goes on forever. Not a brat pack movie but one that I can watch over and over...The Burbs! Love it!  You get the drift. I also have a thing for You've Got Mail. What is better than a romantic comedy between Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks!?! ~Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.~

Anyways these are just some of my favorite down time things when I am feeling blue or in a freak of nature when I have no kids, no house work, and no energy to sew. When I want to be totally lazy and relax. What are some of your Great Medicines?

2 comments:

  1. I am terrible when I get those 'free moments'. I immediately lay on the couch put my feet up and either go online or worse - watch shows on my DVR like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures! I will say that re: 80s music I LOVE sharing all my old favorites with my tween. I also like to point out how much better (read that 'cleaner') our music was compared to some of the terrible stuff that is out there today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there is nothing wrong with putting your feet up. We are busy moms we deserve a little r&r every now and again. I agree with the 80's music be much more kid friendly. So are the cartoons. I can't believe some of the stuff they put on those shows. Oh and I like some of Amy Winehouses songs but I don't let my kids listen her songs. Some of the music I like isn't kid friendly...I usually am drawn to a song from the music not the actual words though.

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...