Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mothers birthday/mothers day pillow!

So for my moms birthday and mothers day I wanted to give her something special that had to do with the boys. I took their little hand prints and copied them on paper. Let me tell you getting a good hand print from a 2 year old and 8 month old is like finding a watermelon in a pumpkin patch....
                                                  IMPOSSIBLE!
I think they both had ants in there pants. After struggling for about 20 minutes I finally got two workable hand prints. Shew...what  a workout. Using some plain white muslin I cut out the hand prints. Applique  by hand is not a strong suit for me as of yet so I machine appliqued the hand prints to look like a flower on an envelope pillow I had sewn for her. Zigzag stitched stem and added some leaves. Viola! I pretty little pillow for Nana! She loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...