Saturday, November 26, 2011

Front Entry Facelift!


My front entry is now one of my favorite places. Before I gave it a new look it was a sad, dreary place. All that lived there was a tired, washed out rocking chair I got at a rummage sale for 15 bucks. While checking my mail one day I realized this is the first impression you have of my home and knew right away I needed to fix this. I am also painfully aware that my house needs a paint job. We purchased a fixer upper and almost everything needed to be redone....this is on our long list. ;)


This was it before, minus the table....sad right. :( I sanded down the chair really well and cleaned the daylights out of  it. Then gave it a couple good coats of paint. I used "Gentle Rain" by Behr. It is a  beautiful blueish gray. So when all was said and done I had a beautiful chair but it still needed help.

We had just painted our patio and gone through all the planters and little tables we had. I came across this neglected little stand and knew it was perfect. Sorry it isn't a great pic but it I (being my forgetful self) forgot to get a good pic of it.



I gave it a good cleaning, sanded the rough spots, and cleaned a little more.
The top was a pretty washed out and dirty. I gave it a good scrub and went in search for my spray paint colors. With a little paint and painters tape this is what I ended up with. I am very happy with how this dreary little table came to life. I used aqua, red, and white spray paint.





 I also added a pretty white planter found at a garage sell. Do you like my pretty mums? So what do you think? I am in love. I sit and read my mail here while watching my boys play. It is wonderful.  Just remember next time you come across a "seen better  days" item in or around your household take a second look ....it could be your wonderful.



Linking up with ... Beneath My Heart


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. That looks great and very 'welcoming'! You are so lucky to have a great space like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen! I am so happy with how inviting it is now.

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...