Sunday, July 21, 2013

Handmade Soap & Lip Balm Review!!!!



My sweet friend Sarah @ Spicy Pinecone sent me some fun new skin care products that she has just released in her shop.  They are Ah-Mazing!! Handmade soaps and lip balms!! I think I squealed like a little girl when I opened the box.  I have terribly sensitive skin. When I say sensitive I mean sensitive. Recently I tried the honey, lemon, cinnamon facial scrub that has been floating around pinterest and my face looked like a glowing Jack-O-Lantern in under two minutes. Needless to say I was so eager to try her products. And boy did she deliver, not one single irritation from any of her products!!!!! My skin has never felt or smelled better!:) All of her soaps smell just as pretty as they look.

Now I want to add I am not being paid for this post and nor do I work for Sarah. These are simply my own opinions on products that I love. Keep in mind all skin types are different so my experience may not be your experience.

So let's get to some photos and what my favorites were. I really love them all but of course there are a few that I use every single day. Like her Oatmeal soap. Heaven in a bar!! This is on my sink in my bathroom. I wash my hand with it every time I am in the bathroom. It leaves my skin so soft and smells divine. All her soaps are really great on the skin. You can tell she takes great pride in her work and the products she puts in her work. She uses high quality organic ingredients and you can really tell the difference. I also use the Calendula soap quite often on my face. It is full of those wonderful dried flowers that are great for exfoliating.


In this photo, starting at the top from left to right working your way down are : Calendula, Dragon's blood.
Next row: Rose Petal, Marrakesh. Third row: Oatmeal, Plumeria. Last row: Snicker Doodle.
 
 The Oatmeal has the such a sweet pleasant smell. I really love this one. The Marrakesh has a beautifully rich color to match it's scent. Plus when you lather it up you get these wonderful pinkish bubbles. Don't worry though it won't stain your skin or tub. :D I was hesitant to try the Rose Petal soap because I have a few family members who abuse rose perfume but I was really blown away with how subtle and pleasing the smell was. Sarah really has a nose for matching these scents. She matches and creates each individual soap. You will not find these anywhere else! P.S. I have a sensitive sniffer as well and can tell you that this will not over power or overwhelm you. They are just the right amount of perfect!;) Mr. Wonderful really liked the Dragon's Blood. He said it had more of a manly scent. I have used it and thought it smelled great for women too.
 

 
Since my skin is so very finicky I tend to stay away from too much product on my skin. Even shaving creams and gels irritate me so I usually just use soap. Well I can say these worked amazing well for shaving. They lather up beautifully and leave my skin oh so soft afterwards. No razor burn either!
 
In this photo there is: (Pink,Yellow, Blue, Green) Unicorn Poop (hehe my kids love this), (Red, White, and Blue) Freedom Soap (amazing lather and scent), (Crème and Brown marble) Lemon Poppy Seed Cake soap (smells like a baked good with real Poppy seed exfoliators!), (Green, Crème and Pink) Fruit-Plosion (amazing fresh fruity scent), (Orange, Blue, White, Lavender) Peacock Swirl (Nice clean scent), Last but not least is the (Brown, Green, Gold) Exotic Spice (heavenly scent!).

 
Oh and Check out this little cupcake above. Looks Yummy right.......It's soap!! Chocolate Biscotti to be exact and it smells scrumptious. I wouldn't recommend eating it though. ;) How cute is that!! Soap Cupcakes!

 
Onto her lip balms.  Now I am warning you, try these and you will never go back to any other lip product you used before. These are amazing!! The scents are dead on as far as their description. Again using all organic oils these are really great quality lip balms. She also just uses a scent and not a flavoring so you are not tempted to lick your lips. I use them all but think my two most used are Pink Frosting and Snow Cone. My lips are in heaven!

 
 

So if you really want to treat yourself or a friend (these make wonderful gifts) to some amazing products try these out. Your skin will thank you over and over again. I am in love with them and will be buying more when I run out for sure. I don't think I could ever go back to my old soap and balms now. These really are wonderful products filled with lots of love.
 
She also has some other amazing items in her shop so check her out Spicy Pinecone!!!!
 
Stay tuned my next post will be for a FREE PLANNER PRINTABLE! So excited for this one. It will include planner pages for your blog, shop, crafts, meal planning, weekly planner, and a calendar. Oh and did I mention it is FREE! Plus I will be release I sneak peak at a new shop item or two!! Keep an eye out for a giveaway post as well next week!!
 
Linking Up!
 
 

By Stephanie Lynn
 

Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31
 
Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...