Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Best Laid Schemes O' Mice an Men....


Trading places: After the boys attempt to do housework, Lucy and Ethel try to earn a living at the chocolate factory. (Photo courtesy CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images) - I Love Lucy Picture
Source

So I have been working on this piece I got when I received the revived dresser i previously posted. It is a beautiful mirror. I took it apart thinking oh I will just clean this up, fix the broken parts, and paint. Yeah well I got as far as cleaning it and ran into snag after snag. Turns out it has been painted multiple times, the metal was in horrible condition, and it needed a little more TLC than I anticipated. I channeled my inner Lucy and stuck to it. I am close to being finished and will post about it as soon as it is done. I can't wait to share it with you. It is such a beautiful piece.

In my little hiatus I celebrated my anniversary. Mr. Wonderful and I eloped on Valentines day 4 years ago. We had been together for 6 wonderful years prior to that. We had a quiet afternoon in with our little cuties. Just like we like it. Nothing better than quality family time. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines!!!

I will be sahring my master piece soon....make sure to check back!

P.S. I will also be sharing some Star Wars birthday ideas soon too. K will be three and is requesting Star Wars and a R2D2 cake.....this should be interesting and entertaining. If you have any Star Wars tips feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. One of my most favorite I love Lucy Episodes!

    Can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...