Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ham, Scallion (green onion), & Cheese Holiday Dip





Holidays are in full swing which means good food will soon be all around us! There are certain things I only make at holidays. I save these recipes for special occasions and holidays because they bring back precious memories of family and time gone by. This recipe is one my Mom and Dad have been making since I was little that I now share with my family. It is really simple with only three ingredients. Don't be fooled though, these three pack a wonderful punch of flavor.

Supplies:
2 packages cream cheese- softened
2 cups of thinly sliced ham -chopped (more if you like it)
1 bunch of Scallions-chopped (more if your like me ;))
I happen to have a plant on my patio.....a good handful or so will do. This just depends on you taste for the onion.

Place all ingredients together and mix well.
Now here is where my mother and I differ. She likes to mix this with her hands.....I do not. I put this in my mixer with the paddle attachment and let it do all the mixing. This is up to you, just as long as it is mixed well it doesn't really matter how you do it.





Now once mixed form a ball or round shape for easy dipping and chill for at least an hour. Overnight is best ...all the flavors get happy and marry.;) Now enjoy with any cracker or dipping utensil of your choosing. I prefer whole grain crackers myself. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

 

Are there any dishes you save just for certain occasions? If so, do share...I love a good recipe! ;) Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...