Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A fresh breath of change! :)


Hi all! I have been absent for quite some time. Wow, I can't believe how long it has been. I have been busy with family and normal life and to be honest had to much on my plate. It was becoming a chore to accomplish all the things I once loved. I took a break from everything. It was much needed. I think I got so wrapped up in everything that I lost sight of my passion. Some changes are definitely in order. Big changes! I can only hope you guys will stick with me throughout the change. i am overhauling everything. There is no place like homemade is getting a whole new look and even a new name. A shop in Etsy is underway as well!!! EEEKKK! I am so excited! I can't wait to share all my work with you guys. New craft ventures are also underway. From a very young age I was mystified by books. I LOVE everything about them from the way they feel to the way a new book smells. LOL Yes, I know I am a dork.:) It's ok to be different.;) In elementary school I would pass up recess and free time to help in the library! So when I mean young age I mean young. By now I am sure you have an idea of what one of the new ventures is. If not here are a few photos to give you an idea.


 

 
 
I am so excited to be bookbinding!!! Books really are a passion for me. I have also taken an interest in the marbled papers you see inside of a book cover. I am trying a couple methods to make my own papers. So far I have used a method that involves floating acrylic paint on methyl cellulose. I am getting the hang of it. I have some pictures to share.
 


 
There is one more marbling technique I am dying to try. The supplies are being shipped as we speak.:)  Suminagashi. It is a Japanese ink marbling technique that dates back centuries. It is believed to have originated in Japan around the 12 century. It is a beautiful art form i hope to master. Here is a link for a youtube video showing you the Japanese marbling technique...Suminagashi Video Link The man in the video has me in awe. I will probably never be close to even have the skill level that this man has. I would love to see him in action and watch him work.
 
Ready for the reveal of the new name!!  So the new name is going to be  Paper to Thread!! I am so excited for this change! So if you see Paper to Thread and don't recognize it on your blog roll it is me!
 
Hope to get everything changed over soon!
Have a great day everyone!
 
Linking up!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean so much to me. Thank you for making my day! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...